CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

US OPEN!!!!



I was recently in San Diego and we knew that the US Open was being held in Torrey Pines, which was just about 15 mins from where we were staying. My Cousin, and Aunt thought that we would just get out and walk around, although tickets had been sold out for ever....Sure enough we were approached by a "gentleman" who had 3 extras and was looking to sell...
Well we bought and got inside and were able to walk around and actually saw the 18th hole...
Now, do I know golf, NO...Did I see anyone famous, I DON'T KNOW...
But I would have known Tiger and had I sat in the same place for an hour I could have, but didn't.....
It is fun, and a beautiful place to see, and to be apart of that atmosphere was amazing.......
I think that I will become a new golf fan, but good to know, I don't have to start this season, since Tiger is out,,,,,,and yes I just read that!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

My husband and I had planned to take a trip to San Diego in August but we are going to Savannah instead (couldn't get the flight we needed - long story).

I was hoping he could play at Torrey Pines as he LOVES golf, but we will just have to find some courses in Savannah instead.
We saw Tiger, Phil and other PGA golfers at the Byron Nelson (Dallas) a few years ago. It was surreal watching these guys play golf in person. As you can guess in a house full of boys, there are always a lot of sports on TV!

Like the new blog design. Hope you are having a great summer.

Whitneys said...

Hi Jess, I like your new design. hope the summer is good, are you still babysitting for Kacee? Jerry wants to know if Chip is in Lawton...he has a golf day brewing i think....take care, hope to talk to you guys soon!

Kim said...

How fun! I too was not so in to it until I went to the Byron Nelson...makes it real! Matthias would love to go some day I'm sure....add it to my list!