CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Waiting for our Soldier

Sunday morning the girls and I sat and waited and waited at Fort Hood for the last leg of Chips 15 month deployment to end. As you can guess, the last 30 minutes were just about the hardest of the deployment. We got there early and waited with about 300 other people that were waiting for there soldiers to land. From his FOB, to Balad, to Kuwait, to Budapest, to Ireland , to Main, to finally Texas!!! The trip home was long and very over due. He is one of nearly 5000 troops that have completed this tour out of Fort Hood and have just returned home or that will be coming home in the days and weeks ahead!!. ....Yeah, he is home..Have more welcome home pics!!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kristinbednarz said...

oh, wow!

Congrats! I'm so excited for you family! Chip's mom was talking about this at the BB tournament this weekend. Very exited for you guys!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

I sit here with hundreds of tears streaming down my face...I can't imagine the feeling you had that day. I am so proud to be an American and I am so very proud to know someone as honorable as Chip. Thanks so much for sharing. These were truly, truly touching. (still crying!)

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

P.S. Those posters are the sweetest things I have probably ever ever seen. Em is going to be the next Monet. ; )

Tamora said...

OHH Jessica, tears are falling down my face! Your words are so heart felt and touching. Bless you all! I love the picture of you and the girls. You look great and your girls are just precious!